Our approach to your child’s education is based on the findings of Doctor Maria Montessori’s extensive studies of how children learn and absorb at every age. Our pre-school and kindergarten program is based on Doctor Montessori’s educational philosophy, Her studies revealed that:
- children have a natural desire to learn, and they learn through direct action with their environment.
- children can develop a good sense of self in an environment that is prepared to help them make choices, to experiment, to meet their emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs, to refine and challenge their skills, and to meet their interests at the very time the interests are expressed.
- children learn best in a child-centered classroom where the teacher is a guide and an observer. The teacher uses these observations to learn about each child in order to better meet his/her individual needs and interests.
- children already possess a world of knowledge and skills, which they need to develop and refine by acquiring the skills that will enable them to go above and beyond what they know and are able to do.
- school must be a safe and nurturing environment in which child-teacher interactions create maturing insights and enable children to be responsible for themselves and others.
- the quality of a school is achieved through the cooperation of knowledgeable and caring teachers and parents who believe in and subscribe to high educational and ethical standards.
The Montessori environment provides your child’s first sense of community – an ordered world that promotes creativity, self-respect, and a love of learning.
Mount Hope Montessori also offers several other advantages:
A small, creative, nurturing school environment.
We offer both 4 day and 5 day, half day and full day programs so you can choose exactly what your child needs.
Our teachers have been with us for 10+ years (two of them for 20+ years). This ensures your child receives extremely dedicated, experienced, caring teachers.
We have an exceptional pre-school and kindergarten academic environment, and there are many reasons that your child should stay with us through their kindergarten year. Please click the following link (25 reasons) for further information.